Friday, January 18, 2013

Winter Blue's

Have you been feeling bummed lately?

Winter can be blamed! Due to less exposure to sunlight in the day it can be caused for feelings of depression or simply being sad. Plus feeling warmth on your skin can instantly improve your mood. So before you run off the the doctor thinking you are going insane it may be just a sign of winter blues. And I am sure the holidays don't help since it has been known people are more depressed around the holiday's. I even read a article in which some people who live in Alaska have less then 4 hours a day or less of sunlight a day! That just isn't enough. The study went on to show that these people went on to face a deeper depression. It has been proven that vitamen D has been known to improve your mood. So how can we beat these Winter Blue's?

1. Get out into the Sun for at least 15 minutes a day! Our busy schedules will a lot of time keep us from being able to get outside enjoying the sun. Most kids spend too much time in front of screen and not enough time outside. When I was little I always played outside and I had a blast doing it. Different times I guess.

2. SLEEP!!! ZZZZZZzzzzz....Now is just as good as time as any to get some extra shut eye. Maybe if you can't sleep in then maybe try to head to bed earlier. These winter blues are gonna zap your energy so rest up and try to relax. Maybe a hot bath before bed. That always does the trick for me.

3. Get out of the house! Since I work from home I know first hand I need to get out of the house as much as possible. Go shopping, out to eat, hang with friends, see a movie just anything where you don't have to look at the walls of your home for too long a day.

These are just a few ways that you can beat the winter blue's. I myself have been struggling lately and thought this would be a good topic to touch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment