Tuesday, January 1, 2013

True Friendship...is it just a myth?

You see them on TV, movies, and in your latest novel by your favorite author but never in real life. What I am talking about is a best friend. I can honestly say I don't have one beside my husband and my mother. I feel I am not alone in that boat! I have people who are friends or who are friendly acquaintances. They say you can count the number of true friends on 1 hand and here I am with 2 fingers counted on this ole hand of mine. Now I am not here to pout or to mope around I guess it is just that I feel I had more genuine friendships when I was 7 years old then I do today. I find that a little sad....Lack of true friendship in the world I miss that feeling of being little and just having that one friend who would always have your back. There are good friends and bad friends throughout your life. Honestly the bad will sometimes outweigh the good. But having true friends is worth waiting for! Some of you may have that one friend who is really just just a ASKHOLE! And yes I said Askhole. Definition of a Askhole – a person who constantly asks for your advice, yet always does the opposite of what you told them. Come on that was funny because who hasn't got a friend like that? I mean you know they don't gotta take your advice but they ask and ask and still make a dumb decision you kinda wanna smack them upside the head. Haha...
I read a study out there that the percentage of people who still talked to old friends from high school was 5%. Yikes!!! Yes there is Facebook. Where you have your own little private window into old friends lives where you can see how they are doing but honestly Facebook has made friendships lazy I think. I have some amazing Facebook friends and I love to see what each of them are doing in their lives so I am not bashing Facebook one bit. But maybe you should just pick up that phone and close out that Facebook application and call and talk to someone on the phone and ask them how their day went instead of waiting for them to update it on their status?

Dangerous Mind is out for now...tata

No comments:

Post a Comment